We may collect data from customers or drivers during the booking process in digital or printed form, including, amongst other things, telephone calls, customer service contacts, websites and other sources, such as our company’s email.
Categories of data that we collect:
- Identity data, including full name (trade name for sole proprietorships), father’s name, mother’s name, date of birth, identity card (number, date of issue/expiry and place of issue), or passport (number, date of issue/expiry and place of issue), residence permit, valid driver’s license (number, date of issue/expiry and place of issue).
- Contact data, including home address, email, and telephone numbers.
- Financial data, including taxpayer registration number, bank account number, payment card details, proof of VAT exemption, activity (for sole proprietorships), tax office (for sole proprietorships), business headquarters (for sole proprietorships).
- Credit ratings and legal documents (for sole proprietorships).
If it is necessary for you to provide us with sensitive data, then within the context of the provision of our services it will be used only on the condition that you provide your consent, where required, in accordance with the existing legislation.
We process the personal data that you have provided only with your consent for the implementation of the contract between us or when steps are to be taken at your request. We may use your personal data to provide services or products that you request and perform other actions relating to these services or products, such as for the maintenance and insurance cover of the vehicle that you rent from us.
Your contact details may be used to contact you about the services that we are providing or to send you information about our products and services, if you consent to this.
Where permitted by the applicable law, we may lawfully use your personal data to send you commercial communications, such as customer satisfaction or evaluation surveys for our services and offers, by various means, including email.
You can unsubscribe from receiving such messages at any moment by contacting us at our company’s contact details. However, please note that if you exercise these options, you will continue to receive communications about your account and the products and services that you requested and in response to any requests for information that you have made. Please also note that this deletion process may take some time to complete, in accordance with the applicable law.
We may also process your personal data and other information if such processing is required, when this is necessary for our legal interests, such as compliance with the law or in response to a summons, court decision, request to enforce the law or any other legal process.
Our company guarantees that it will not transmit, notify, hand over, etc. your data to third parties (other than those mentioned herein) for any purpose or use unless this is mandatory in accordance with the applicable law or is required by public and judicial bodies and authorities.
Your data can be accessed only by those members of the company staff for whom it is absolutely necessary, who are bound to confidentiality. This also applies to our partner companies, who comply with the provisions of EU regulation 2016/679 and who process your data as Joint Controllers or as Processors on our behalf and according to our instructions.
Examples of recipients of your data are:
- The insurance companies that collaborate with our company.
- The partners of our Company who use our trademarks and on occasion our systems (collaborating franchisees).
- The car rental companies (within or outside Europe) that are part of the international car rental system and handle bookings, and with whom we share information pertaining to our car rental activities, which may contain the personal details of your booking entered through the respective application. Your data will not be used for any other purpose, without your prior notification and consent. It should be noted that personal data are also forwarded to non-EU countries (for bookings outside the EU) on the condition that they have adequate legislation for the protection of personal data.
- Chartered accountants, who assess the financial statements of our Company.
- Collaborating companies that provide road assistance to drivers using our company’s vehicles.
- Collaborating vehicle leasing companies.
- Providers of legal services (lawyers, law firms) for the defence of our Company interests against third parties, natural or legal persons, judiciary and administrative authorities, independent authorities and bodies.
We retain personal data on our customers for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected or is allowed by you or required by law. We have taken all the necessary organisational and technical measures for the security of your personal data and their protection from accidental or unlawful destruction, accidental loss, alteration, prohibited dissemination or access and any other form of improper processing.
6. YOUR RIGHTS
You have all the rights in accordance with the provisions of EU Regulation 2016/679 and in general the relevant European and national legislation. In particular, you have the right to access, review or update the personal data we hold on you.
In certain cases, you can also request the correction or deletion of your personal data or restriction of its processing or object to certain processing activities.
Where we use consent as a basis for processing, you have the right to withdraw that consent.
7. QUESTIONS & CHANGES
We try to reply to all legal requests within a month. We may sometime require longer than a month to respond to your request, if your request is particularly complicated or you have submitted a series of requests. In such a case, you will be notified accordingly.